Monday, April 9, 2012

Birds

I love to walk on the paved walk way near my house that runs along a river bank.  I find so many interesting things to photograph as I walk along.  The red wing black birds like to nest in the little trees along the river.  I don't think they had eggs in the nest yet on the day I was shooting them (March 23, 2012).

 This little dove was gathering material for her nest, she wasn't by the paved walkway but she was by the river in a different area.
 Male Red Wing Blackbird


 A Robin

 The males perch up high in the bushes and make a lot of noise.
 I am not sure but I think this is a red wing black bird nest.
 Just some pretty berries in the area.
 Female Red Wing Black Bird
The females are quiet and stay lower in the bushes and are much harder to spot and get a good shot of.  They are also much duller in color, making them blend in to their environment more.  I am sure this helps them when they nest.

No comments:

Count

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I plan on sharing things I see and capture thru my camera.

About Me

My photo
I am 49 years old, I have 2 adult sons, a grandaughter & a grandson. I am happily married to the love of my life. I have been intrigued with photography for as long as I can remember. I am constantly striving to learn something new and improve my photography. I love doing portraits, macros, and scenic shots. I literally take my camera everywhere I go. I find that the more I learn about photographing my world, the more I learn to "see" the beauty around me.

Me

Me

Blog Archive