Saturday, May 10, 2014

Red Wing Blackbirds & A Few Turtles

I love observing and photographing the red wing black birds!

A Female Red Wing Blackbird



 A Male Red Wing Blackbird.


I was really surprised to see so many turtles!  They are usually really skittish and slip into the water if you get anywhere near them.  I was able to get a few shots.  At one time I could count 10 or eleven of them near this little mound of plants in the water.  The temp was in the 80's for the first time this spring so I think they were all trying to get out of the water and into the sun.
 There are only 5 visible in this picture.


This little guy was all by himself.

No comments:

Count

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I plan on sharing things I see and capture thru my camera.

About Me

My photo
I am 49 years old, I have 2 adult sons, a grandaughter & a grandson. I am happily married to the love of my life. I have been intrigued with photography for as long as I can remember. I am constantly striving to learn something new and improve my photography. I love doing portraits, macros, and scenic shots. I literally take my camera everywhere I go. I find that the more I learn about photographing my world, the more I learn to "see" the beauty around me.

Me

Me