Friday, November 23, 2012

September Lighthouse Trip

Muskegon South Pierhead Lighthouse

Oh we froze on this one, even though it was early September, Sept. 7th to be exact, it was very cool and the wind was blowing so hard.  I only wore a jacket and the farther out the pier we went the colder I got.  I was so cold it was almost a test of endurance just to finish the trek to the end of the pier and take pictures as I went.  The wind blew so hard at times it caught in my clothes and moved me on the pier.  A storm was coming in and they were expecting bigger waves later in day.



I love the texture in the rocks on this shot.  It seems as you could almost reach out and touch the hard rough rocks. 


 I finally arrived at the light.

The view was beautiful from the pier along the beach.  I thought about walking up close to the sailboats and shooting them with my wide angle but by this time I was so frozen I really just wanted to get back in the car so I could warm up a little.  Every time I see this picture I think I should have walked up the beach for the shot.  I must do it when I go again :)


Some boats we saw as we were leaving  Muskegon.  I loved their bright colors combined with the cloudy sky.



We could see this boat far off but couldn't get any closer to it.


This was a museum we saw along the way.

No comments:

Count

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I plan on sharing things I see and capture thru my camera.

About Me

My photo
I am 49 years old, I have 2 adult sons, a grandaughter & a grandson. I am happily married to the love of my life. I have been intrigued with photography for as long as I can remember. I am constantly striving to learn something new and improve my photography. I love doing portraits, macros, and scenic shots. I literally take my camera everywhere I go. I find that the more I learn about photographing my world, the more I learn to "see" the beauty around me.

Me

Me

Blog Archive